OpenClose – Updated Outcome

I’ve finally come to the end of this project. It was a long one and while I enjoyed experimenting I’m glad it’s over. I found this brief really hard compared to our previous tasks. I struggled with formatting large blocks of text and this was even more than the editorial brief. It’s safe to say I defiantly found this project challenging.

For the outcome I attempted to show the progression of evil through colour and text, while all carrying this modern Japanese flow. I used Japanese characters to signify the dates in the journal entries and the name of whose entry it was down the side. To carry the theme I had going I edited the numbers to look as if they were glitching in anticipation for the climatic finish. The final chapter turns white, a hint that evil might die in the last chapter. I tried hard to make this project one I’m proud of but I feel I could have done so much better. To get a better outcome I should have deconstructed everything more so it wasn’t so confusing for me. The size of the project was very overwhelming but it has taught me to focus on individual aspects first in order to move forward.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: