For the outcome, I refined the front and added the crips illustrations to really show the inspiration. I also added the illustrations and images that were needed.
From my critiques I changed out the pictures to have two of the same one. It is easy for the eyes to recognise. I also changed the colours around so there isn’t a colour repeated too may times. I really like how the gifs are looking. I feel they would look good in someones feed. For the app I adapted the logins screens further so the pictures sits better in the compilation. I also adapted the wording throughout the app to make it easier to read and check for spelling mistakes, which there were some. Lastly, I added the imagery for the blue slides. I used free stock imagery to match with the gifs and mixed that in with block graphics.
Some feedback I received from a critique was that the writing on my gifs could be more legible. I changed this by adding in a white layer of ext. My peers also said that the movement was to quick so I slowed it down a bit. For my app I adapted the picture of the app on the login page so it fits better with the design. I also changed the home screen layout so I could fit bigger boxes in allowing m to add relevant imagers to correspond with the subject. Another thing I added is the pages for why you should keep your data safe online. I tried to keep the text easy to read but I think I may go over it again to make it even easier. So far I am liking how this project is going. I think it could stand out on someones feed. I just need to change a few bits before I am happy.
Here I wanted to start on creating the app. I only managed to get a bit done before the critique. I did create a user journey though for how the user is meant to navigate the app, this is just the introduction. It starts with a login page, which is there so users can send messages to professionals if they have problems online. Its a 24/7 support chat room meant to help other if they are having issues with data protection. It will next go into an introduction for the app so they know what the app is for and how it can help them. It will then lead them to the homepage. I tried to keep the interface easy to use but still fun and colourful. I also tried to keep the text to a minimum and not use large blocks of text as it might bore the reader. This goes for the imagery also.
Some feedback I received was to rethink the image on the login pages as it doesn’t work on each page the same. I was also told I need to finish the homepage and make it as easy to use as possible.
I next wanted to work on the adverts for social media. Theses need to be eye catching and stand out on the audiences feed. I knew I wanted to juxtapose the text with some relevant images of a person. I experimented with some images trying to covey the taking away of data or of yourself as its your personal data. I really liked the distorted faces being dragged to the side to reference the taking of data. It shows that well. I also liked the faceless ones to symbolise the same thing. I think these are the most successful images, which my peers agreed with, and are quite interesting to look at.
Having done my trials I now wanted to rough out what the gifs will be saying. I actually saw this post on reddit about a newspaper advert. Its by an internet safety company who called out 50 senators for voting to allow monitoring of our internet access for their monetary gain. At the bottom they have 3 reasons why they are calling them out: for monitoring, manipulating and selling our data. I thought this was really interesting, this is the exact issue Im am working with right now and they summed it up so well in 3 reasons. I wanted to use these 3 reasons because they are exactly what is wrong with data issues today. So my plan is to create 3 gifs one for each issue.
Below are the gifs I created using the type expeirrmts and the images. I like how they are so far. I am still unsure on the legibility which I want to check with on my next critique. I think they stand out and look good so far. I next wanted to get start on the app for this campaign.
In the last blog I mentioned I wanted to explore further some experiments type for this campaign. I feel like an exciting typeface will be engaging to my audience and hopefully would stick out on their already busy feed. I wanted to go for a distorted glitching effect to reference the topic of internet safety. The distortions reference the wrong doing that can happen online if you aren’t careful with your own personal data. Below is a mood-board I collected for inspiration.
In the trials I did I used different opacities and effects to render different results. One thing I had to be wary of is keeping it edible, I sometimes struggle with this maybe because my eye sight is not very good anyway. With these trials I stuck mostly to the glitchy and morphing to show a change in state or a disturbance in the norm. Its supposed to show something isn’t right.
Below are two that I liked the most. They have the bright fun colour scheme mixed with the glitchy effect. I think it works well for the project I just want to make sure it is legible to everyone as these will be flashing between imagery. The light blue shade happened when I changed the hue on the type, I do however like the light blue too and it has me thinking bout changing the colour scheme to include the light blue and the darker colours of the pink and yellow. I want to trial some more and see. Next I’m going to be starting on the social media adverts.